Notgrass Our 50 States Geography curriculum is a one-year course for early elementary students. Students will learn about notable people and locations in American history. The curriculum incorporates hands-on activities, interesting stories and anecdotes, music, and a literature component.
this post contains affiliate links
The homeschool geography curriculum includes 104 lessons to spread over one full school year. There are 26 units of 4 lessons each. Instructions are easy to follow along with and can be tailored to suit your family’s needs.
Two days of study are allocated for each state plus two days for Washington D.C. as well as two days for the U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, the Northern Mariana Islands, Guam, and American Samoa.
What is Included in Our 50 States Geography Curriculum
- Our 50 States Geography Textbook(s)
- Atlas Workbook
- Lesson Review
- Answer Key and Literature Guide
Our 50 States Homeschool Geography Curriculum Video Flip Through
Books Used in Our 50 States – Literature Supplement
Over the course of the school year your family will read seven books that correspond to individual regions of the United States.
- Rabbit Hill by Robert Lawson
- The Cabin Faced West by Jean Fritz
- Soft Rain by Cornelia Cornelissen
- The Story of George Washington Carver by Eva Moore
- The Trumpet of the Swan by E.B. White
- Philip of Texas by James Otis
- The Adventures of Paddy the Beaver by Thornton Burgess
Purchase Options For The Notgrass Our 50 States Geography Curriculum
- Includes Our 50 States hardcover textbook, Atlas Workbook, Lesson Review, Answer Key, and Literature Guide $70
Our 50 States Literature Package
- Includes seven literature titles highlighting different regions of the United States $40
Our 50 States Bundle
- Includes both the Our 50 States Curriculum Package and the Literature Package. $110
Notgrass History combines easy to read narrative lessons, songs, stories about real people, literature, and hands-activities and projects for a variety of learning styles. If you’d like to follow up with an American History Elementary Curriculum in your homeschool, be sure to check out my Notgrass History Our Star-Spangled Story curriculum review.